Published on July 10th, 2012 | by 99Covers Team0
How to get a date on Facebook
So you want to get a date?
Whether you are a guy or girl, you can use Facebook to help you score a date, and change that relationship status.
Pick your target. Make sure you find out vital information about them through their profile. Check their relationship status.
Discover their interests. Look at their likes for obvious clues as to what they like. Browse through their pictures to see where they like to go and what they like to do.
Don’t ask for date, invite them to a social gathering. Facebook is not a dating site. So asking for a date on Facebook maybe viewed as an awkward proposition and it also creates this false sense of pressure both people face while they hang out. Instead of asking them out on a date. Arrange for a small social gathering preferably four people in total. Try to invite the following people:
1) Member of the opposite sex: Makes whomever you are targeting feel good & safe about coming out
2) Funny Wing person: Helps keep everything fun and lively
*It is extremely wise to invite mutual friends
After you have arranged who will be coming out with you, Then pick a location based on your target’s likes. For example if they like sushi and you know a great sushi place. Send them the following message.
“Sushi and Sake @ (Insert Sushi reputable joint here) with (insert other members of social gathering here) at (insert time and date here)”
Then wait and watch the magic happen. When you do go out on your first date here are a few dos and donts:
- Be Social, Be yourself.
- Make semi-frequent (once every other day) status updates about your current location. Make it somewhere cool and doing something fun. IE) Happy hour @ Fridays w/the co-workers. or Climbing Everest… Not really, I’m at Taco Tuesdays.
- Assume the other person has an interest in you. Who says they don’t?
- Confidence is key.
- Don’t be a creepy/awkward person.
- Don’t post constant status updates about how your “So lonely” or “Looking for Mr. Right” or “Guess he’s just not that into me”
- Don’t come off as desperate.
- Don’t overdress, but don’t underdress. Casual is key.
- Don’t bring up Facebook, NERD!
- Don’t post weird pictures of yourself. Or pics of you doing stupid things. Analyze all your pics. Keep it to a minimum of really flattering pics. Untag yourself in others pics if necessary.
Rules of “The Game” :
1. You can only “game” a person with whom you are prepared to fail (if you find yourself wanting them too badly, you’ll never have them)
2. Exude extreme confidence
3. Demonstrate some kind of value, skill or talent NEAR your target, but not directly to them. Initially, pretend you don’t even notice them.
4. Win over the friends
5. Be hard to get
6. Be fun
7. Handle challenges from competing people intellectually and psychologically. Never fight.
8. Respond to any signs that they are not interested as if it were “no big deal”
9. Once you have your target’s attention, playfully insult (“neg”) them. For example, “I like your hair, is that your natural color?” The more beautiful the person, the more effective the neg is in garnering interest as they rarely hear comments of that nature.
10. Once attraction has been established, punish any unwanted behavior by withdrawing and disinterest, but do not pout or have an attitude.
11. Alternate between attraction and disinterest signals in a push-pull fashion until rapport is establised